About NEW - Talking Trees Tour - Indigenous Interpretive Walk at the Sea To Sky Gondola
Join us for an enjoyable leisurely walk on our Talking Trees Tour – an Indigenous Interpretive Walk up at the Sea to Sky Gondola along the Panorama Trail. This tour is in the heart of Skwxu7mesh Uxwumixw (the Squamish Peoples homeland) and you will hear and learn about this regions’ vast history first hand from the peoples’ who have lived here for millennia.
There are two tours at day. 12 noon and 2 pm
You will meet your tour guide at Bohdi’s fire pit near the entrance of the Panorama Trail. Each plant and each tree has its own special story. Explore the Panorama Trail on the scenic Sea to Sky Gondola with a local First Nations guide and cultural ambassador. Along the way, your guide will share the cultural uses of the alpine forest and region and point out the variety of local plants that were harvested by Skwxu7mesh Uxwumixw First nations people for food, technology and medicine. The well-groomed 1.6km trail provides options for all fitness levels.
What to wear/bring: Good walking shoes with adequate traction. Dress for the weather and wear layers with the changing seasons. Water resistant and thermal clothing for the fall and winter is highly recommended. Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses are recommended in the summer months.
- Admission Ticket
- 1.5 hour tour with Indigenous cultural ambassador – guide
- Gratuities (optional for tour guide)
- GST (tax)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear good walking shoes with adequate traction.
- Water resistant and thermal clothing during the spring and fall is recommended.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Tour not recommended for children under the age of 12, however, a youth ticket may be purchased if any child is interested in participating.
- Pricing type: per person
Maximum Travelers: 15
- Age groups: Youth (13 – 18)
- Adult (19 – 80)
- Languages offered: English. When booked in advance, Japanese and Spanish.
- Booking Confirmation Method: Instant Confirmation
- Cut off time: 24 hours
Talking Trees Walk, Sea to Sky Gondola
Season: Spring, Summer (May 13thth to October 30th 2017)
Tour A start time: 12:00 noon
Tour A end time: 1:30 pm Duration: 1.5 hrs
Tour B start time: 2:00 pm
Tour B end time: 3:30 pm Duration: 1.5 hrs
Meeting location: At Bohdi’s fire pit near the Sea to Sky Gondola sign in front of the Panorama Trail.
Vancouver to Sea To Sky Gondola Link: https://goo.gl/maps/FKwrRwmCCUM
Rates: Lift and Talking Trees Tour
- $75 + GST – ADULT
- $55 + GST – YOUTH
Rates Talking Trees Tour only
- $35+ GST – ADULT
- $24 + GST – YOUTH
Online Bookings at Aboriginal Eco Tours: www.aboriginalecotours.com. For inquiries call 1-800-605-4643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book On-line Link –Talaysay Tours in Squamish: https://www.aboriginalecotours.com/tours/aboriginal-eco-tours/squamish/nature-walks-hikes-10i-10i/talaysay-talking-trees-tour-at-the-sea-to-sky-gondola-in-squamish-bc
Booking in advance will secure your ticket to join us on this enjoyable tour. Your guide will meet you on site in the specified area. We recommend you arrive early to enjoy your adventure up the gondola where you will meet your Talaysay Guide up at Bhodi’s fire pit 15 minutes prior to the tour start. Look for the friendly indigenous guide smiling. We usually where our green or red company t-shirts, jackets and a head band or cedar hat.